Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.

Step right up, mad girls and boys! We are here to welcome you to our haven. Filthy Victorians is a timeless, fantasy roleplay based on Emilie Autumn. Here, you have control of your story, character and such. It's all in your own hands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvia Hathaway

Sylvia Hathaway

[PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway Empty
PostSubject: [PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway   [PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 am

Let me know if I put this in the wrong spot, I wasn't sure where to put my character application. Embarassed

Name: Sylvia Hathaway

Appearance:

[PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway Screen11

I'll be drawing my own version of her soon

Asylum Cell Number: W12B

Forms of Insanity: Melancholia Dementia & Addiction

Facts specified in medical certificate, upon which opinion of insanity was founded: Murdered her unborn child, yet speaks of her fondly, as if she had been born and gone on to live a full life. These delusions are most likely meant to protect her failing mind. Her delusions lead her to believe she has no reason to be locked within the asylum, but moments of clarity or fragments of memory seem apparent, and as such, she regresses to a melancholy state. She claims to have been forced into an unnatural relationship with her own brother, which, as stated by her own family, is preposterous and merely a way of covering her own lewd behavior with both men and women. Has been prostituting herself regularly for 3 or 4 months. Living within brothels lead to her becoming dependent on Opium, as thus this patient is allowed absolutely no Laudanum for sleep. Other treatments must be administered as to prevent her addiction from worsening.

Personality: For living a troubled life, Sylvia has a pleasant affect, while being a little rough around the edges. Working in the brothel instilled a strong sense of sisterhood and is loyal to those she deems worthy. Her initial detoxification left her anxious, depressed, and suicidal, but after a while, she was able to start channeling her agitation into writing and drawing. Her work remains hidden in her room. Her sense of humor tends to have a bitting tone to it and can leave a bit to be desired from others.

Brief History: Her older brother began abusing her around the age of 12. It started with him giving her a penny to see up her skirt and worsened from there. This continued until the age of 18, when Sylvia discovered she had become pregnant with her brother's child. Horrified, she kept it a secret and the abuse continued for roughly a month, until she finally fled her home in hopes of finding a life apart from her abusive family. She worked as a seamstress for a Madam in London, who gave her an offer she couldn't refuse. She began work as a prostitute until her pregnancy became noticeable, all the while, depending on Opium to keep her mind from her work. The Madam allowed her to continue living in the brothel as long as she promised to place the child in an orphanage once it was born. One night while experiencing horrible withdrawal, Sylvia broke down and aborted her child in her bed. Discovering the dead child the next day, she fled, wandering the streets weeping, until she was eventually incarcerated by the police. She fiercely denies the baby in the bed to be hers, saying one of the other women working at the brothel must have miscarried and placed it in her bed. Somewhere deep in her psyche though, she knows the baby was hers. Her family has since excommunicated her and requested no further information about her treatment be sent to their home.

Other Details:

-brother fathered her unborn baby
-has frequent trouble sleeping
-talks of her daughters supposed great accomplishments
-believes her daughter will come get her despite the fact that her own age and the age she believes her daughter to be are impossible
-will become mute and withdrawn when inconsistencies in her thinking are pointed out[img][/img]

Last edited by Sylvia Hathaway on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juliet Brewer, #W13D
Admin
Juliet Brewer, #W13D

[PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway Empty
PostSubject: Accepted.   [PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 am

Yep, it's in the right place!

This is very thought out and well written. Welcome to the asylum, love! You may begin posting. Smile We'll be right behind you shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://filthyvictorians.forumotion.com

[PATIENT] Sylvia Hathaway
Page 1 of 1