Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.

Step right up, mad girls and boys! We are here to welcome you to our haven. Filthy Victorians is a timeless, fantasy roleplay based on Emilie Autumn. Here, you have control of your story, character and such. It's all in your own hands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!

Go down 
+2
chaoticxinsane
Targaryen_Opheliac
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! Empty
PostSubject: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 am

I'm Midwinterain. Dear Goddess, I'm on so many websites i've lost track, but as far as I know I am the only person to use this online alias. So basically if you see a user called Midwinterain, it's me ;)

What to say? I'm crazy, spontaneous, and stubborn as hell, but also a very anxious person. I am a fangirl of many different things, here's some of the things that come to mind: Emilie Autumn (duh), Teen Titans, Adventure Time (hence the title ^^), Death Note, Kingdom Hearts, Code Lyoko... Um... that's about it, for the moment. I'm a wiccan, but still in the broom closet due to my fears of rejection if I declare myself a witch. I'm on the environmental council at school, the debating team and i'm a student librarian. And I love cats. :D

I'm currently saving up for an electric violin and attempting to create a Cake the Cat costume for Armageddon, which is the closest thing to ComicCon we have in New Zealand.

Speaking of which, I'm a New Zealander. ;P

That's me in a nutshell, really. There's other stuff such as my tendency to be hyper, my curly hair and my amusement at the pairing Sladin which my friends and I use as a torture device... But that'd be getting ahead of myself. :)
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:55 am

I hate you already for living in New Zealand.

No, I kid, I kid! I'm just jealous, I would love to live there.

*offers a hand* I'm Wiccan too...well, Pagan. It's complicated. I call myself a Witch but I don't solely adhere to Wicca, so...the point is, I understand the fear of rejection.

I need to get to Comic-Con here in the states *sigh*

Anyway, awesome to meet you, I look forward to RPing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 am

Targaryen_Opheliac wrote:
No, I kid, I kid! I'm just jealous, I would love to live there.

Really? I'm surprised anyone even knows where New Zealand is from the stories i've heard. Apparently when one of our teachers said that he was moving to little old NZ he actually had to have a map with him so he could show them what country he was talking about. (And for the record, we are our own country, not part of Australia. The ones who did know where we were thought we were part of Australia, which is like saying Canada is part of America. Kind of.) /endrant XD

Pagan, Wiccan, Witch, in my opinion we're all the same at heart (though there are some that would disagree with me on that). Thanks, I'm planning on coming out either this year or next year on my yearly anniversary of my decision to become a wiccan. I'm encouraged by the fact that i've recently seen two people in our school publicly wearing their pentacle necklaces and haven't heard any rumours about that, specifically. And a lot of people I know know them directly or indirectly, so.

I'm mostly worried that an old friend of mine is going to bring out the satanist card... Along with anyone else who wants to join the bandwagon.

Nice to meet you. :)
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 am

Oh gosh, that's just weird! I know exactly where New Zealand is! And of course it's not part of Australia. That's just silly.

I watch a lot of TV shows filmed in NZ and my favorite actor is from there, I believe (he might be from Fiji, actually, but he lives and works in NZ so....)

I bet you'll have a lot of support when you come out. I've been called a Satanist before too, and it's really irritating. I hope it doesn't happen to you. I hate to say it though, but there are always idiots around to be idiotic. Of course, I see where they get it for me, at least, I do use blood magic (only my own!), but still. And if you don't then they really have no reason.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:30 am

Thank god for that. What's the actor's name, I might know who he is (not personally, but we have so few famous(ish) people down here that they're all well known in NZ).

I'm really, really new to Wicca, I'm going on two years in April since I made the decision to become a wiccan and don't know much. I guess I want to wait and tell my Dad what I am before I officially declare myself a wiccan, and I'm kinda worried about that. I mean, he's pretty accepting and he won't do anything drastic like kick me out or tell me I can't be one, but I don't want him to get the wrong idea. It's good to hear that you were supported, i'm hoping that my friends will be too - I mean, I'm completely confident that my closest friends will accept me. I haven't even told them yet save one, but from different things they've said and just instinct I get the feeling I won't have any problems. I think the main thing is that i've finally got a load of friends, and not artificial ones but ones I get along with and can count on, after years of not fitting in. And i'm not trying to fit in, either, they all accept me for who I am already.

Actually, typing this out makes me think i'm being a bit paranoid. My good friends will stay with me, and all the rest will either support me too or they're not worth it. And to hell with everyone else.

And I resolve to tell my Dad when the opportunity arises. Like driving somewhere just the two of us.

Anyway, I think blood magic is technically alright if its your own. I mean, your body, your choices, right? It's a free country. ;3
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 am

Quote :
What's the actor's name, I might know who he is (not personally, but we have so few famous(ish) people down here that they're all well known in NZ)

Craig Parker. He's done Lord of the Rings and Legend of the Seeker, among other things. Smile

Well welcome to the fold, hun! You seem like a great person, so I bet your friends and family won't mind. It's one of those things where you want your family to be more accepting, because they can't be replaced. I know you don't want to have to replace any of your friends either, but just remember that true friends won't expect you to change for them.

I could never use anyone else's blood even with their permission unless the working is specifically for that person. Blood creates a sympathetic link and for most magic I don't want that, so it's always my blood and never more than a few drops from a fingertip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 am

Craig Parker. He's done Lord of the Rings and Legend of the Seeker, among other things. :)

Huh, I don't know who he is. That surprises me. We do, apparently, have one of the elves from LOTR living in our local town, but he's taller than my friend (who met him in person in a pet shop), and she said he was at least six feet. (IMDB says he's somewhere in the range of five feet, so.)

Thankyou, you seem like a great person too :)

My dad *should* accept it, and my Mum said she's alright with it providing I don't do any spells, which is alright because I want to wait until I know what i'm doing before I start messing with things I might not understand yet. Seriously, every single book, movie and t.v. programme in existence warns against that. XD

That sounds alright, to be completely honest I didn't even know you could use blood in spells, but I learned at the beginning to just leave every single thing i'd ever heard about witches/demons/satan etc behind because most of it is complete horsecrap. I think the main reason we get the satanic label is because the pentacle is a symbol of our religion, and the pentacle has a huge reputation as a satanist/devil symbol and apparently somewhere in the bible (or something) it says that drawing one will send you straight to hell... An it harm none, do what ye will. :)
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 am

Very nice, I'm jealous. Granted, I've met another of the New Zealand actors I love (Nick Miller, btw) so it's all good!

My parents actually didn't know until after I started working magick, but I think my mom figured it out when I started asking for candles and incense all the time! I don't even bother with the idiots anymore, I wear my pentacle proudly and display my altar openly. Most people don't seem to care anymore, and the ones that do aren't worth my time.

it's a very specific and fairly advanced type of magick, using blood. You actually won't find a lot on it in traditional Wiccan texts. I used Silver Ravenwolf for years and not one mention, but when I switched to Konstantinos he goes into it and gives examples of when it can be used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am

I don't even bother with the idiots anymore, I wear my pentacle proudly and display my altar openly. Most people don't seem to care anymore, and the ones that do aren't worth my time.

it's a very specific and fairly advanced type of magick, using blood. You actually won't find a lot on it in traditional Wiccan texts. I used Silver Ravenwolf for years and not one mention, but when I switched to Konstantinos he goes into it and gives examples of when it can be used.

Good advice. (Despite it not being advice... :P) I think i'm going to do the same.

It sounds advanced - I mean, using people's blood isn't exactly something most people would recommend for beginners in any sort of religion or craft!!! I'm yet to read a Silver Ravenwolf book yet, though I have my eye on a nice shiny one at my local craft store (and by local I mean half an hours drive away).
Back to top Go down
chaoticxinsane

chaoticxinsane

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:16 pm

How did I miss you posting your welcome thread? XD

/duhurrrr
Back to top Go down
http://chaoticxinsane.deviantART.com
Sylvia Hathaway

Sylvia Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I've been totally neglecting this part of the board, my apologies! >.< Welcome~

I'm interested to learn more about Wicca and Paganism in general. I dabbled in a bit of it when I was younger, but never really studied it in depth. I still have a deep respect for it though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juliet Brewer, #W13D
Admin
Juliet Brewer, #W13D

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Sylvia Hathaway wrote:
I've been totally neglecting this part of the board, my apologies! >.< Welcome~

I'm interested to learn more about Wicca and Paganism in general. I dabbled in a bit of it when I was younger, but never really studied it in depth. I still have a deep respect for it though. Very Happy

Same here. I don't really like slapping a religious label on myself but Wicca seems so elegant and just lovely. My best friend is a witch and she's just awesome.

When I was a kid, I told my parents I wanted to learn more about it and they freaked out. Shame how Wicca has a negative stereotype stuck to it. I would have loved to expand my knowledge about it and stick with it today. I thought about it in the future but kind of feel like I'd be jumping into something just to look like an ass and such.

But yep, I agree! Love for the wiccans. <3
Back to top Go down
https://filthyvictorians.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am

Why thankyou, I feel so loveded now :3
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Quote :
I thought about it in the future but kind of feel like I'd be jumping into something just to look like an ass and such.

Oh gosh, no, we always welcome new practitioners! There's no such thing as an appropriate time to study Wicca, it's just whenever you feel called to it.

Gah I sound like a minister or something. I mean to say that most of us don't judge. There might be some but ignore them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Quote :
I thought about it in the future but kind of feel like I'd be jumping into something just to look like an ass and such.

Oh gosh, no, we always welcome new practitioners! There's no such thing as an appropriate time to study Wicca, it's just whenever you feel called to it.

Agreed, if it feels right, go for it. :3
Back to top Go down
littlemissred

littlemissred

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 am

I'm amazed that there are so many lovely people on here who are Wiccan/Pagan frankly, and that's a good thing! I've followed the Pagan ways since I was about 11 or 12, and I always love to meet and talk with other practicing sisters. =] This literally made my day, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:12 am

xD I have to admit, I've never actually been around this many Pagans since my coven disbanded last year, I normally don't talk about it. Glad to know you all!
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

I swear after this I'll have almost commented on all of these OOC things.

I never knew there were so many Wiccan/Pagans. I'm not one... Just stating the fact. o_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 pm

You're welcome! It's made my day too :3

I don't talk about my religion much either, so its nice to be talking to so many other pagans and wiccans!

And hey there Cataclysmic, I didn't know there were this many either. I haven't seen you around the boards yet :)
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 am

I started my own post on the pond. >3> So if like one other person wants to jump in on that... they can. 'cause... we don't need too many people there getting out characters in deep shit xD
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 am

OUR*, damn it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 am

I'd love to! I'm all in for going somewhere i'm not supposed to be! I will just double check the rules. I think i'm allowed to be in multiple threads as long as its not in the same area, but it never hurts to check. :3
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 am

Haha, I think it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!   Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shmauzau! It's Midwinterain!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG. :: Out Of Character. :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: