Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filthy Victorians - The Asylum - RPG.

Step right up, mad girls and boys! We are here to welcome you to our haven. Filthy Victorians is a timeless, fantasy roleplay based on Emilie Autumn. Here, you have control of your story, character and such. It's all in your own hands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well hello fellow Inmates!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

Well hello fellow Inmates! Empty
PostSubject: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 am

I guess it's my turn to break the ice, isn't it? Well, I am inmate W13A (did I really manage to almost have the same cell number as EA herself? Weird), otherwise known as Vidalia, or Dalia, Sheppard.

At least, that's who I am in the Asylum. Out of it, I'm known as April. I have found myself fascinated by the Victorian era as of late, and even though many of Emilie's details are inaccurate, I love her for trying Smile

Outside of that, I'm a performer and a backstage worker (which I why I haven't been here much, I'm wrapping a show tomorrow), and a journalism major/aspiring novelist. Other than EA, I'm a fan of glam rock and Broadway.

I love cats. They make me smile.
Back to top Go down
Juliet Brewer, #W13D
Admin
Juliet Brewer, #W13D

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 pm

I don't really see it as inaccuracy but more as her fantasy world. EA confuses me with the way she thinks and the things she says but I can never hold it against her. I don't know if it's just because I love her or because I don't care much about her personal life because it's none of my business. xD

That sounds fun. I remember I used to have plays I'd have to be in every year. It was fun but eventually anxiety took over my body and I can't even be on stage, let alone out in public places. Diagnosed agoraphobic/socialphobic here, and it sucks. It put my life on halt and I can't seem to put the pieces back together.

Oh, anyway. I'm ranting about my story when this is YOUR thread. Sorry, I'm just jealous of you. ;-; I want to have my freedom back without collapsing into a panic attack.

Oh, my goodness. A few minutes ago, I was just ranting to my boyfriend about how I should've renamed my cat "Mufasa" when I adopted him 12 years ago. xD It's too late now. Poor little boy is old but he's the biggest sweetheart EVER. But really, who names their cat Zachary? ZACHARY?! Yes, Zachary. Sigh. We just call him Zachy now.

I think our mutual interest in cats will make us great fucking friends. :3
Back to top Go down
https://filthyvictorians.forumotion.com
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 am

I always thought it was very fantasy-esque too, so I really have no issues with the book. It ironically keeps me fairly sane (diagnosed bipolar, schizophrenic and disassociative identity disorder), so I don't ever do too much picking apart. Every so often something or other will twinge me but I just get over it Smile

I don't mind you ranting about yourself, no worries! I understand that sometimes you just need to be heard.

Oh cats. I love my cats. I used to have one called Yoda for his ears, and before that Mew because she always went "mew mew". My mom named hers Tabetha and I was all "-_- wierd"

Currently I have Scarlett, Arya, and Panda Bear, but they're all outdoor kitties.

YAY I love making friends over cats!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:10 am

You love cats too? Cats are adorable. Cats cats cats! :D

And you perform? That's awesome. ^_^ I want to be an author as well, but i'm not quite there yet. :P
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Cats are great. I love cats. xD

I might actually post some excerpts of my work here for you guys, but you can always message me for blog links if you're interested (or I can post them here if that's ok with Juliet)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Targaryen_Opheliac wrote:
I might actually post some excerpts of my work here for you guys, but you can always message me for blog links if you're interested (or I can post them here if that's ok with Juliet)

Oh please do :D
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 pm

I'll take these down if the mods want me to, but my writing blogs are:

http://deadlynymph.wordpress.com/

and

http://asongofrandomwriting.tumblr.com
Back to top Go down
Juliet Brewer, #W13D
Admin
Juliet Brewer, #W13D

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am

Targaryen_Opheliac wrote:
I'll take these down if the mods want me to, but my writing blogs are:

http://deadlynymph.wordpress.com/

and

http://asongofrandomwriting.tumblr.com

Don't worry so much! ;D Links are fine, just don't spam 'em. I'll have to check 'em out too, seems pretty cool. Thanks for sharing! <3
Back to top Go down
https://filthyvictorians.forumotion.com
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Quote :
Don't worry so much!

Sorry! I've been on forums where they're pretty strict about not allowing anything not related to the RPGs so I tend to get nervous about OOC stuff
Back to top Go down
littlemissred

littlemissred

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 am

Very nice to meet you, Dalia or April--which would you prefer we call you? Sorry, my mind has to have one specific name for each specific person or I freak out >.< blargh.

It sounds like your career is an exciting one =] do you like being the behind-the-scenes person? And I'll most definitely check out your blogs, I'm glad we have writers here...actually I'm glad we have the people that we do have, I feel we're nicely rounded.

Kitty-lovers for life...I have one, jet black, aptly named Midnight...I got him when I was four, no judging, haha. But I'm the only one in the house who likes him, which is sad...my dog likes him too, but I'm the only person in the house who likes him...both parents are dog people. =/

Also, as for the Victorian inaccuracy/accuracy thing, [[warning, I'm about to go Psych major on you all...]] we were learning in Logic that a sentence or idea cannot be accurately classified as "true" or "false" because if it is one person's opinion or perception they have no "absolute truth", just how they perceive the information they receive as "truth". So, as an example that's a bit more tangible, if I were to say "The Victorian Era was tragically beautiful," then that could not be "true" and it could not be "false" because what *I* see as the Victorian Era, aspects of it and timeframes and whatnot, may not be what *you* see as the Victorian Era...therefore it cannot be a "true" or "non-true" sentence. If I were to say, however, "The Victorian Era from the 1880's to 1890's was monumental for psychological breakthroughs, some that ended tragically," this could be seen as true, in theory, because that specific period of time (1880's to 1890's) can be checked and reinforced and backed up with solid facts, not mere opinions. (Also, I could be entirely wrong about dates and if that is specifically the Victorian Era or a subset of it, it has been a long time since I have studied it, so I apologize if I made an error.) So basically, although some aspects of how she portrays the Victorian Era may be inaccurate, because it is her *perception* of it, it cannot be classified as inaccurate in that light, because it is one's opinion and not fact. [[Deep breath....]] alright, philosophy lesson is over. ;D
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:33 am

LOL Jamie, you pretty much said it perfectly. Like I said previously, I've pretty much let it go. Like, I know that the details are there that bother me, but I've just decided not to be butthurt over it and just enjoy the book and the world she's created for us all.

Also, I don't know if you're a Game of Thrones fan at all, but I totally just tried to spell your name Jaime....damn it.....

You can call me either, I'm not picky. If you prefer to think of me as Dalia, go for it, or April works too. I know, not helpful Razz

I love working in the theater in general, I'm not too picky as to whether I'm onstage or behind it. As for the writing, it's at the point where it's a hobby that I want to turn into a career.

CATS! Love my kitties. I want rats too. But until I get my own place, no more pets for me...
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Ohai, I'm being a creeper here this morning. :3 So I'm gonna follow you April/Dalia.

o___o I like snakes. And cats. And dogs. Yeah...
Back to top Go down
littlemissred

littlemissred

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Pssh, I'm just glad I didn't get a bunch of eye-rolling and "Oh god, she's going off on a tangent," haha. And I'm not a Game of Thrones girl, but I am used to people spelling my name like that, so it's fine xD

No one's a creep in the Asylum!
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 pm

LOL ok I'm glad. Because I probably will screw up and start spelling it Jaime. I'm horrible when it comes to that.

If you couldn't tell from my username/choice of pics for Dalia, I'm a huge fan, so.....

Lattie, be a creeper, it's awesome. I love creepers until they start doing weird things like harassing me.
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Haha, nooo, harassing people is no fun.
Back to top Go down
Targaryen_Opheliac

Targaryen_Opheliac

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 am

Quote :
Haha, nooo, harassing people is no fun.

No, not really. I mean yes, to an extent, but I just got rid of a creepy stalker on Tumblr so I'm not too anxious to repeat that one.

So I'll modify. You can creep on me all you want until it turns to stalking and then we'll have some issues

Smile I don't think you'll stalk me though so it's all good
Back to top Go down
CataclysmicNightmare

CataclysmicNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

O_o I'd be contradicting my choice in schooling if I started to go weirdo creepy stalker. xD And that shit is annoying, ugh, I hate when people creep in the bad way. It's like--please get a life?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well hello fellow Inmates!   Well hello fellow Inmates! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well hello fellow Inmates!
Page 1 of 1